05 Apr Swirled chocolate pavlova with mango curd, strawberry greek yogurt and fresh fruits
Posted at 22:02h in Food Photography, Meringues, Recipes
A life-time favorite recipe for homebakers with a declicious and tropical twist.
Swirled chocolate pavlova
- 70 g Egg whites
- 140 g Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 20 g Dark chocolate melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 170ºC.
- Mix egg whites, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan and put it over a saucepan with simmering water a few minutes until sugar dissolves or using a thermometer until it gets 64°C exactly. Whisk constantly.
- Sift the mixture through a small sieve if you get any egg white lumps.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk for about 10 minutes or until Swiss meringue is firm and bowl feels cool or until firm peaks.
- Drizzle melted and cooled chocolate over the meringue using a spoon and make some swirls. Don’t overmix.
- Spread the meringue into a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or using a silicone mat.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven . Reduce the temperature to 220ºF / 100ºC and bake for about 1.5 hours. Turn off the oven and if you have some time, let the pavlova cool inside the over all oven the night or take them out and let them cool at room temperature.
- 200 g Mango – peeled and sliced
- 20 g Lemon juice
- 20 g Powdered sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 70 g Unsalted butter
- Place mango, sugar, lemon juice and egg yolks into a food processor or blender. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Strain a small saucepan and discard the left over.
- Place a saucepan of water over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Place bowl with mango mixture on top of pan, make sure water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture looks thick and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add butter and mix gently until combined.
- Cover with plastic film and keep refrigerated.
Strawberry greek yogurt
- 125 g Plain Greek Yogurt
- 30 g Strawberry Puree
- Mix both ingredients until incorporated. Keep cool.
To assemble and decorate the pavlova
- Place the pavlova on a cake stand or medium size plate. Spread some mango curd around top using a tablespoon, starting from the center of the pavlova.
- Pour strawberry cream on top.
- Add some fresh mango slices and fresh berries on top.
- Best to eat immediately after assembled.