12 May Strawberry and rose water pavlova
An elegant and fresh dessert to surprise your guests.
- 75 g Egg whites
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 drop pink gel food color ( Optional )
- Preheat oven to 220º F / 110º C.
- Place the egg whites, lemon juice and salt in the bowl of the stand mixer and start whipping in medium low speed until foamy.
- Start adding the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at the time, waiting some seconds until it is totally incorporated. Note: If you don’t have caster sugar, you can blend the regular white sugar in a food processor until the grains become very thin.
- Increase to medium high speed and whip until firm peaks for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 drop of gel food color and whip some seconds to combine.
- Using a spoon, spread the meringue into one rounded disc of 6 inches / 15 cm onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or using a silicone mat.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven . Bake for about 3 hours. Turn off the oven and let pavlova cool inside the oven. Don’t open the oven during the first 2 hours or the pavlova will break (like mine, I opened the oven several times )
Fresh Strawberry & rose coulis
- 200 g Fresh strawberries
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 20 g Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Rose Water ( Optional )
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until mixture is smooth and liquid.
- Strain and discard the seeds.
- Optional: Cook into a saucepan, mixing constantly until the mixture looks thick. I used the uncooked coulis for this recipe.
- 250g Cream ( High fat percentage)
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Ahead of time, place the bowl and the whipping attachment of your stand mixer inside the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whip all the ingredients until stiff peaks begin to form. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate. DO NOT OVERWHIP.
To assemble and decorate the pavlova
- Place the pavlova on a cake stand or medium size plate. Spread some cream around top using a tablespoon, starting from the center of the pavlova.
- Pour strawberry coulis on top and some fresh berries too. You can use some edible dried rose petals to decorate.
- Best to eat immediately after assembled or keep refrigerated.