19 Apr Matcha Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
I have been craving this flavor combo for a while, and luckily it worked so good.
- 100 g Strawberries, roughly chopped
- 20 g Regular white sugar
- 20 g Lemon Juice
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Keep cooking for about 5 minutes or until mixture looks like jam.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 60 g Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 120 g Icing sugar Sifted
- Strawberry Puree (Recipe above)
- Drops of Pink Gel Food Coloring (Optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add Icing sugar and beat 5 minutes starting on low and increasing to medium-high speed.
- Add strawberry puree and gel food coloring and beat to incorporate.