19 Apr Matcha Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
I have been craving this flavor combo for a while, and luckily it worked so good.
- 90 g Cake flour
- 7 g Matcha
- 90 g White sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 ts. Salt
- 80 g Milk
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 40 g Unsalted butter
- 40 g Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites,milk, oil and vanilla extract just until lightly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, mix the flour, matcha, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed for 2 minutes. Add the butter and 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Starting on medium-low speed, gradually add the remaining wet mixture to the batter in two parts, beating on medium speed for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into cupcake tins filling each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a rack.
- 100 g Strawberries, roughly chopped
- 20 g Regular white sugar
- 20 g Lemon Juice
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Keep cooking for about 5 minutes or until mixture looks like jam.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 60 g Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 120 g Icing sugar Sifted
- Strawberry Puree (Recipe above)
- Drops of Pink Gel Food Coloring (Optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add Icing sugar and beat 5 minutes starting on low and increasing to medium-high speed.
- Add strawberry puree and gel food coloring and beat to incorporate.