29 Mar Classic Pavlova with berries and cream
Classic and delicious. This all season dessert will bring some happiness to your closer ones.
Take a moment to know more about Camila Velez, a talented chef and food stylist who kindly shared an afternoon with me at her fabulous home .
Serves: 1 big pavlova of 6 inches / 15 cm by 2 layers
[fruitful_ibox column=”ffs-two-one” title=”Ingredients”]
- 140 g Egg whites
- 280 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 250º F / 120º C.
- Place the eggwhites, lemon juice and salt in the bowl of the standmixer and start whipping in medium low speed until foamy.
- Start adding the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at the time, waiting some seconds until it is totally incorporated.
- Increase to medium high speed and whipe until firm peaks.
- Using a spoon, spread the meringue into two rounded discs of 6 inches / 15 cm each on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or using a silicone mat.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven . Bake for about 3 hours. Turn off the oven and if you have some time, let pavlovas cool inside the over all oven the night or take them out and let them cool at room temperature.
- 250g Cold Heavy Cream
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Marmalade ( Blackberry, Strawberry or Raspberry)
- Put cream and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks begin to form. Use inmediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Before using add the marmalade to the whipped cream and make some swirls using the spoon.
1. Place the first layer on a cake stand or medium size plate and spread half of the cream around top using a tablespoon, starting in the center of the pavlova.
2. Add some fresh berries.
3. Place second layer of pavlova on top, add the second half of cream and fresh berries for garnish.